In a data integration project the QA process involves multiple steps which includes
- Setting up the source and target systems
- Populating source and target test data
- Running of the PowerCenter & other dependent jobs
- Validating the results
- Logging the test results
- Connect and execute database Queries
- Run Informatica jobs.
- Define variables.
- Execute OS Command.
- Define the Success conditions.
- Create & Append file contents.
- Attachment of Log files (if any).
- Repeatability of Test case Execution.
- Ease of use.
- Provides high degree of Flexibility /Scalability
- Can work with both Windows & UNIX environment.
- Complete Logging & Email functionality.
- Can perform a wide variety of tasks.
- Converts the Test case into an OS script, hence better performance.
- Excel Utility helps to quickly generate test cases.
- Informatica PowerCenter 9.1 and above
- Microsoft Excel
- Any Database