Safyr ERP and CRM Metadata Scanners for EDC
Posted by: Silwood Technology Ltd
Finding and importing metadata from ERP and CRM packages into EDC is a challenge. It can delay your EDC project or cause cost overruns.
The reason is that most of these systems have large numbers of tables and attributes plus cryptic naming conventions. There is also no usable metadata in their database system catalogs.
As a result you may have to rely on consultants, documentation or even internet search to find metadata from these systems for your EDC system.
Safyr ERP and CRM Metadata Scanners for EDC is a unique solution to this common problem. It delivers the ability to provision EDC with ERP and CRM metadata quickly and accurately.
- SAP (inc. BW & S/4HANA)
- Oracle eBusiness Suite
- JD Edwards
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
You use Safyr to extract the rich metadata as implemented from your ERP and CRM system’s data dictionary tables and store it in a metadata repository.
Then use Safyr’s powerful search and analysis features to create and save relevant subsets of that metadata.
The subsets are then loaded into EDC automatically using a bespoke integration between Safyr and EDC. This saves time, improves accuracy and accelerates the delivery of benefits from investment in EDC.
- Safyr ERP and CRM Metadata Scanners for EDC reverse engineers packaged application metadata (inc. customisations) from Data Dictionary tables.
- Works with SAP(inc BW and S/4HANA), Oracle eBusiness Suite, JD Edwards, Siebel, PeopleSoft, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Finds and stores all tables, attributes, views, descriptions (business and technical).
- Automatically discovers all relationships and Application module hierarchy (where available).
- Provides full search, filter, navigate and analysis capabilities to identify business context relevant subsets (Safyr Subject Areas) of ERP and CRM metadata needed for EDC.
- Compare feature to identify differences between different instances of an ERP or CRM
- Automatic export and provisioning of ERP and CRM metadata into EDC.
- Pre-configured general and GDPR related Subject Area starter packs are available for SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle eBusiness Suite, Siebel and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Safyr works with:
- All major releases of SAP including ECC, S4/HANA, BW, CRM & SRM.
- PeopleSoft Enterprise applications from Version 8 and above.
- J.D.Edwards EnterpriseOne Xe and above.
- Siebel version 6.5 and above.
- Salesforce version Winter 14 and above.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 and above.
- Safyr is a Windows-based client application.
A relational database for storing the metadata extracted is required. This can be in Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 or SQLite.
For SAP, The SAP GUI client software is required to be installed on the same PC as Safyr. A SAP Function Module, supplied with Safyr, will need to be installed on each SAP instance that holds metadata to be loaded into EDC. A SAP Client of type Dialog or Service is required to effect the connection to SAP.
For Oracle applications, a SQL connection to the application database is required.
For Salesforce and Dynamics AX 2012, API access to the source system is required.
Silwood Technology Limited
Silwood Technology is a specialist software company. Customers and partners use their product Safyr to accelerate data and information management projects involving ERP and CRM packages from SAP, Oracle, Salesforce and Microsoft. Safyr helps them to find and identify relevant metadata from these systems quickly, easily and accurately..
Silwood Technology Limited
Silwood Business Centre
Silwood Park, Buckhurst Road
Ascot, Berkshire SL5 7PW