Manta Checker, Teradata Edition
Posted by: Petr ¦típek
Manta Checker automates reviews of Teradata code (SQL, BTEQ, stored procedures) to help ensure that internal guidelines and best practices are observed. Manta Checker uncovers problems before deployment, even to a test environment, and helps correct errors and compliance violations.
Try our Demo here.Manta Checker automates code reviews to help ensure that internal guidelines and best practices are observed, and enforces compliance with relevant policies. Manta Checker uncovers problems before deployment ? even to a test environment ? and helps correct errors and compliance violations.Standardization and quality assurance quickly become an issue in heterogeneous environments with more than two or three ETL developers. Development guidelines and methodologies have to be set in order to keep the ETL solutions maintainable and extendable, even in the distant future. These methodologies may contain hundreds of rules, ranging from simple naming conventions up to very complex design patterns for different types of solutions. With many of these rules, ignoring them will cause the solution to fail and may result in an SLA breach (e.g. forgetting to set a correct relational connection in a session). The ETL development guidelines themselves will do no good unless they are enforced by an authority capable of performing fast, reliable and repeatable checks.Whether you are a developer, analyst, administrator, BI/integration manager, or you have another related role in your organization, Manta Checker will help you to:
- Cut governance costs dramatically: Before your new or modified ETL solutions are deployed, they should undergo a thorough review. A high level of automation, enabled by Manta Checker, increases efficiency and minimizes the need for human oversight.
- Increase the quality of code: An extensive set of rules covering industry standards, best practices, Informatica recommendations and, optionally, your internal guidelines ensure that the final deliverables are state of the art.
- Establish accountability: The results of every code review can be automatically logged and remain available for further analysis, giving you a great tool for developer performance evaluations, vendor assessments etc
- Build and maintain QA documentation: The rule-based engine at the core of Manta Checker enables a simple, structured way of documenting, categorizing and sharing development guidelines and methodologies.
- Saving time and costs
Thanks to MANTA, Informatica's customers can see complete end-to-end data lineage and achieve a full automation of their Enterprise Governance Catalogs, which is beneficial for the customer in many ways, namely:Built-in set of dozens of rules including best practices.Share your development methodology and know-how across teams.Create custom scenarios with different sets of rules.Add your own rules with complex logic.Review and monitor vendors? performance.Enjoy easy-to-use, web-based user interface. Works out of the box.Designed for a single developer or large teams.Set up scheduled daily/weekly/monthly validations using bundled command line tools.Pretty print option, which formats input scripts by user's needs for easier reviewing.Checking rules also can also transform, not only validate checked scripts.
- RAM: minimum 8 GB, optimal 16 GB
- Java Runtime Environment: 1.7, 1.8 or newer
- OS: Windows Vista/Server 2008 or newer, Linux or Solaris, Macs
- HDD: 300 MB
SupportMANTA started to change the world of enterprise BI in 2013, when we introduced Manta Flow & Manta Checker in the Czech Republic and quickly expanded to the rest of Europe. In 2015, we introduced our products in the US and hired our first guy over there. Since then, we've signed up dozens of customers, including one of the Big Four in US Banking, PayPal, Comcast and many others.. United States Reseller Manta Americas, Inc. 180 Sansome Street, c/o RocketSpace Floor 2, San Francisco, CA 94104 USA Rest of the world (Headquarters) Manta Tools, s.r.o. Tychonova 270/2, 160 00 Praha, The Czech Republic www.getmanta.com Certificates & Policies ISO 9001 + ISO 27001
Technical support is available to all customers with valid subscription, as further specified in their agreement